Friday, June 3, 2011

Early Father's Day Reflection...

Well, Father's Day is coming up and since I spend a lot of time at home with my son, fatherhood is a topic I think about a lot. But, since I spend a lot of time with a toddler, my own brain seems to be becoming more toddlerlike and I'll probably forget to post something when Father's Day actually does arrive. So here it goes!

I love my job. I get to do fun (sometimes crazy) things in a creative way and interact with other creative people. It's a hoot. But when the dust settles and the stories and photos are out the door, I look around and realize my greatest creative acts are those of fatherhood.

Exhibit A:


Exhibit B:



Of course these weren't solo acts, so hats off to my great wife too. And of course, I try to remember warm fuzzy thoughts like this when there is sidewalk chalk on window screens, crayon on the walls and marker just about everywhere (washable though!). I guess the creative gene lives on!

To the brave, creative act of parenthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment